About Transition Salt Lake
Transition Salt Lake is creating local communities of mutual support, expanding knowledge of practical skills, and moving toward a culture that can withstand global economic and environmental uncertainties.
In response to the many challenges facing our world, Transition Salt Lake fosters mutually-beneficial relationships between people, communities, and the natural world. In a world of growing economic and environmental disturbances, Transition Salt Lake represents a proactive response to the current and coming changes to our society and our planet.
Transition Salt Lake offers options for:
- Creating strong and supportive local communities;
- Rebuilding local agriculture and food production;
- Learning practical sustainability skills such as gardening, sewing, and construction;
- Localizing energy production;
- Rethinking our approaches to health care and transportation;
- Rediscovering local building materials with a goal of net-zero-energy buildings;
- Rethinking how we manage waste; and
- Sustainability on a holistic level.
All of these efforts build resilience. Resilience is the ability of a local community to function and thrive despite difficulties in the global economy and environment.
Transition Salt Lake's efforts also offer the potential of an extraordinary renaissance in Salt Lake - one that is economic, cultural, and spiritual.
Let’s embrace a world of deeper connections, interdependence, and more fun with less “stuff”. Let’s play and work together while we take steps toward making a nourishing and abundant future a reality. We'd love to have you join us.